Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Photos from 1/28/09-1/29/09: Plane/First Night in Beijing

Now I've got my computer (whoopee!), I can start posting pictures. This first day was rough, since I generally don't take photos, it took me a while to get used to steadying my hand. I could only salvage about five photos. I'll let them trickle out slowly, one photo post roughly corresponding to a blog post.
Me after about seven hours on the flight, with an appropriate scuzzy five o clock shadow. Terrifying.
My hotel room in Beijing. Pretty comfortable, and pretty dang cheap, even though it was relatively bare bones.
My toilet (to prove to my dad that, yes, China, does have toilet). I'm glad that the toilet was absolutely sterilized. From now on, I will never use a toilet that hasn't been pre-sterilized.
My hotel, rising from the Hutongs

My first view of Tiananmen Square (or the gates anywhere), from the street nearest to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment